The Benefits of Buying a Multifunction printer from Coastal Business Equipment.
Benefits of buying a multifunction printer.
An email asking me if I had written a blog about educating end users of Photocopiers,Multifunction printers and stand alone Laser Printers and why they should get a new machine from a dealer and not purchase one from a well known retail establishment.Presuming that they were referring to a well known national office supplies company and the hordes of others who offer so called low end “inexpensive” printers.
1. That new small colour copier may be inexpensive to purchase, however the cost of supplies will drive you up the wall! Just think, typically colour prints will cost .20 to .30 cents a page. printing or copying only 500 pages a month can cost you $125 per month or $1,500 a year for just the supplies alone. Compare that to a small office colour machine and your monthly cost could be as low as $45 per month or $480 per year. That’s a huge saving..
2. When that “inexpensive” machine breaks down, who is going to come on-site and repair it? No one- you have to put the machine in your car and then drive it to a service facility,in some cases an hours trip. In most cases they will give you an estimate to repair it that is higher than what you bought the unit for.
3. Do you think that “inexpensive” colour copier/printer will last last five years? Think again, you’re probably lucky if you get 18 months of service out of the system before something very expensive fails.
4. THE BIG LIE! Did you know that in many cases when most manufacturers state the cost per page for these inexpensive systems they are only referring to the cost for the toner and maybe the drum. That’s because the other consumable items they count as a “part” and “parts” don’t count in their eyes when they state the cost per page for consumables.
5. Most likely, if you’re going to print 500 pages each month, you’ll need to buy three of these units in a 4 year period. Why? Because they are built to fail and engineered to chew through consumables. That $400 systems quickly becomes $2,100 and that’s not taking into account of the fortune you’ll spend on the supplies.
6. I have questions about my machine, who can I call? Nine times out of 10 the office stationary store that you purchased the machine from will not have the faintest idea on how to help you with your query so you will need to call the manufacturer’s help line and hope that the line is not busy and that the person answering the phone understands the English language,that you can understand what they are saying, and hope that they care and do not hang up on you!
7. The small colour copier/printers that are sold by many of these stores are sometimes priced lower than what it costs the manufacturer to produce the unit. It’s a lost leader and they are counting that you’ll be buying toner from them for that “inexpensive” machine for many years to come.
Real colour copier/printers from a local Authorised Dealer should last for a minimum of 5 year. Hey we are still looking after machines that are 10 years+. Combine this with the fast on-site service and our many years of experience and knowledge. All of this means that you get excellent bang for your dollar and tremendous value!!! So when you next decide to purchase your next Printer or Photocopier,do your self a favour and contact us, your local Authorised Kyocera Photocopier and Printer Dealer.
Call the experts on 1300 271 223